1. The hiring contract shall be made
between the owners and the hirer(s) for the period stated on the booking form,
and shall be subject to these terms and conditions. The letting of the cottage
is on the basis that it will be used solely for holiday occupation by the
2. Bookings will be confirmed upon clearance of the deposit cheque (30% of holiday cost) which must be accompanied by a signed booking form. The owner will provisionally reserve a booking for 48 hours upon verbal instructions from the hirer. Where no reservation has been made and two or more cheques and booking forms being received for the same letting period the owners will deal with the bookings on a 'first come first served' basis and undertake to return forthwith in full the deposit paid by any unsuccessful applicant.
3. The balance of payment is due four weeks prior to the commencement of the hire period.
4. If a booking is made less than four weeks before the commencement of the rental period, the signed booking form must be accompanied by the full rental payment for the hire period.
5. In the event of the hirer having failed to pay the full balance of the rent for the hire period four weeks prior to the commencement date of the hire period, the owners reserve the right to cancel the booking and re-let the cottage. In such circumstances the owners shall be entitled to retain the deposit paid.
6. Once a Confirmation of Booking has been issued by the owners the hirer is responsible for the total advertised rental of the property as shown in the Confirmation of Booking.
7. In no circumstances must the party size as stated on the booking form be exceeded without the owners' express written permission. The owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed and also reserve the right (and at their sole discretion) to refuse or revoke any booking from a party who in the opinion of the owners may be unsuitable.
8. The use of the accommodation and amenities is entirely at the hirer's risk and the owners accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, loss or damage to the hirer and/or any member of the hirer's party or to any vehicle or its contents whilst on the premises.
9. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take reasonable care of it. All equipment, utensils, carpets and furnishings must be left clean and the cottage must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the hirer, the hirer will be invoiced on demand (although the owners would not normally charge for de minimis breakages).
10. The owners accept no responsibility for the hirers being unable to take up their booking by reason of sickness, adverse weather conditions, or any other cause whatsoever. The hirers are advised to cover these risks by appropriate holiday insurance or pluvius insurance.